Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Going back to my roots


I found out late last night that I got the front page of The Hill newspaper(a DC based political paper) today. To many photographers getting published in this paper would have no meaning. But for me its a very different story, its where I got my start as photojournalist covering Capitol Hill over four years ago as a young photography student. For me it was a chance of a lifetime covering amazing events such as the Robert's and Alito's confirmation hearing. The photo editor at the time Pat Ryan, on the first day let me loose through the halls of the capitol. I hit the ground running and never looked back. I think back to the photographer that I was then and the photographer that I am today. I am very proud of the growth and the experiences that I have had over the past four years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment