Thursday, June 3, 2010

Old story..new edit.



As an artist, which a photographer is first. We are always constantly evolving and developing our talent and the way we work. A few years back I did a story on a young marine corporal. John Dick, who after gaining his US citizenship. Felt it was time to complete his dream of becoming an officer in the Marine Corps. Soon after he entered into the Officer Candidate School and this is were our paths crossed. At the time I was a sports editor at Marine Corps Base Quantico in Quantico, Va. My editor decided to give me a curve ball and assigned my the story about John Dick. I spent the next ten weeks documenting his journey through the school.
Recently I applied to a workshop and decided it would cool to use the story as part of my application process. I went back through my entire take(ed. note: A good reason not to delete your outtakes). What I found at the end of this process that a few of the photos were the same from the first time I put the story together, but many of them were new selections. Its a good way to show how we develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment