Friday, March 12, 2010

Father like daughter


Last night I covered a reception that saw actor Sean Penn receive an award for his work in Haiti after the earthquake. Before the reception the press was allowed in his waiting room. As he was waiting for the next reporter I snap this frame.

We only had a few minutes with the actor, I started to search the room for something more. I happen to turn around and see this young lady sitting there watching this maddness surround Sean. At first I thought that it was his girlfriend, and then come later find out that it is his daughter. What it most be like to be the daughter of Sean Penn, you childhood and family life spread across the pages of magazines. How did it shape the woman that she is today? She wasn't at all moved.
The hard thing about taking this photograph is removing myself from the picture..shooting into a mirror didnt make it easy.

1 comment: